Are you often sick, lethargic, unfocused, tired, or just not feeling your best? Do you call in sick to work regularly or decline events with friends and family because you just don’t feel well? Take a serious look at your diet, and you may discover your eating habits are weakening your immune system. Your diet absolutely affects how you feel and how well your body functions.
Studies prove time and time again that in order to strengthen your immune system you must eliminate specific foods from your regular diet.
- Added sugar including sugary treats, candies, cookies, cakes, candy bars, and high sugar beverages
- Salty food like chips and frozen dinners
- Omega-6 fats including sunflower canola oil, corn oil, and soybean oil.
- Fried food including French fries, potato chips, fried chicken, pan-fried steak, fried bacon, and fried fish
- Saturated fat like processed meats, cured meats, processed cheese, and butter
- Fast food
- Highly refined carbs like white bread and baked goods
- Artificially sweetened foods and beverages
In the short term, poor nutrition contributes to stress, tiredness, and frequent illness. Over time, poor nutrition and eating habits can lead to obesity, diabetes, tooth decay, and increase risk factors for stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
Do you believe your diet is healthy? How often do you consume the items listed above daily and weekly?
Set a goal to document your food consumption for 1 week and review your healthy and unhealthy choices. Many people who think they are consuming a healthy diet are surprised to learn their diet is actually far from beneficial.
Live The Pursuit of Growth